Thursday 26 November 2015

Comparing Bus and Train fares in and out of Birmingham

Because I have a commercial interest in Birmingham in England West Midland I at times research certain aspects that might connect to those interests.

Grand Central Birmingham
Grand Central Birmingham
They are mainly property related.  Have units rented by a serviced apartment company but on our website www.goholidaylets.com we also promote serviced apartments in Birmingham.
With this point of interest I casual researched rail fares and their alternatives in and out of Birmingham.  To my somewhat amusement and curiosity I came across various degrees of difference which I will explain as best I can.  Before doing so I am somewhat suspicious of comparison websites and their credentials to compare.

Ok I searched rail fares London to Birmingham, up popped Goeuro.  Honestly hadnt seen site before but could see straight away fares were in dollars $.  Which is fine but only one Rail Company appeared Virgin.
That s fine as well the cheapest fare on the 30th November to Birmingham was $15.08.
I know London Midlands  and Chiltern also have routes from London to Birmingham albeit from different stations within each city.
But lets stay with Goeuro its not a bad website they also give  the options of bus, car or plane.
National Express to Birmingham same date slightly earlier time price $9.05 which is good.
Carhire was with rentalcar.com and their best deal was $26.76 and they offered a Hyundai i10.  Honestly didnt read about extras and addons.  I am sure they ll be there somewhere.
Next piece of information surprised me.  There was no flights to Birmingham to London they were all to Manchester with either BA or Flybe.
Next site was the Redspottedhanky.  To be fair I think that is a great name for a site, not a keyword in sight.
To my relief yes London Midland were there as was Chiltern Railways.  The later arriving to Moore Street Birmingham a station that has been preserved in the past. I priced a comparison fare London---Birmingham after 9am on 30th £15 so Goeuro win out there.
Ok London Midlands website  London  9.49  Birmingham 12.02  £6.   A little shorter stops in more places I would think.
Hope if your reading this it has put you thinking.
Remember click on www.goholidaylets.com and book a excellent self-catering and serviced apartment in Birmingham and get there on a cheap train.

No comments:

Post a Comment